#118 folie a deux
Monday, November 8, 2010 : }
Folie à deux, or shared psychosis, is a psychiatric syndrome in which symptoms of a delusional belief are transmitted from one individual to another.Okay Dom I agree with you; the term is cool.
Had a pretty interesting holiday-ish day today; had to wake up early to hitch a ride from my parents so I could get sour cream from NTUC; they didn't have it so I got whipped cream instead. Went back and slept all the way until brunch-ish time and pretty much dawdled around until about 2pm i.e.
baking time.
-oh no, becks just reminded me that 12Nov is
Friday and I haven't attempted my chem pop yet. Although I did feel the odd compulsion to do notes on the Periodic Table so I have half of them next to me as a safety net, phew-
Baking went pretty fine and fun without a hitch; scrapped the strawberry cheesecake plan since I thought it was too ambitious so I went with
chocolate cake ('cause you can't go wrong with a bit of chocolate, uh huh) and it turned out really really good! :D
Replacing the sour cream with whipped cream must've worked (even though I only used 200ml when the recipe called for 250ml); think I'll cut down a little more on the sugar next time though if I add chocolate chips or sprinkles.
-JiaQi's trying to teach me how to Maple and MSN at the same time, hahaha, I feel like a tech noob all of a sudden-
While the cake-muffins ('cause I poured it into cupcake holders instead of cake tins) were baking I was playing around with sprinkles and heart-shaped cookie cutters and pretty glass ('cause I went to Ikea with my family on Friday; got craft stuff hehe) and placemats to try and get artistic pictures, LOL. They turned out pretty well, actually. I'll edit them/post them up sometime.
Dental tomorrow, I have no idea if I should be happy that I'll be returning home with pearly whites, or be jittery as an ant on hot coals (HAHAH the English translation of 急得上热锅上的蚂蚁 doesn't sound as impressive as its Chinese counterpart).
CHINGYING; 9:23 PM