#55 heart heart heartbreak
Tuesday, July 27, 2010 : }
(not a fan of the song but catchy lyric.)
IDK what I did today after school, but I somehow ended up lugging three novels back home. I'm really pleased with myself though.
Someone Like You [THE PASIR RIS LIBRARY FINALLY HAS SOMETHING.] It's one of Roald Dahl's first books, y'know like way before he started writing for kids. Analysed one of his short stories in lit and they're all really interesting in the keeps-you-tensed-until-surprise-ending way.
Awesome. Marley and Me [Yep, Popular; 50% off so I convinced my dad to let me buy it.] Read it when I was P5 when I borrowed the hardcover from my cousin, way before they made the movie bestseller; still as touching as ever. I want a dog (!)
Handle with Care [Impulse buy at Popular which cleaned out my wallet. Oops, it's Monday. But you know what the cleaning out was last week's savings ahahahaha I still have one week's pocket money (cue $$$ face)] Something I've been eyeing since I finished
My Sister's Keeper. Picked it out of all the other Jodi Picoult novels 'cause I don't intend to like stick to one author.
Yep I'm satisfied. :D
Anyway, I think FaceBook's really lagging my Lenovo. Got on my COMPAQ one to print my UK journal (which looks awesome and UHOH; I just realised I don't have a coverpage for it). I feel a sense of achievement having spent ages moving the textboxes and pictures (Edinburgh Oxford London) and shifting brushes over from photoshop.
So I've got quite a few resolutions.
FaceBook no more than half an hour/day. [What d'you think the novels are for 8D]
Oh, and studieswise, I remember writing something along the lines of
I will slaughter logarithms and kinematics. Logarithms come a lot more easily now but I think I'd better mug up on the positive/negative displacement velocity acceleration for Wednesday's CT.
HSSRP's pretty screwed now but I really don't think I'm feeling as nervous/anxious/freaked out as I should be. Maybe cause I know ChitYee and I are probably capable of chionging reports. But it's been some crazy ride, rollercoaster with bungee elements at bullet train speed; with changing of proposals getting our report
slaughtered changing proposals changing teacher mentors etc.
Hmm I think I'm becoming nocturnal 'cause it's like 12.40am and I'm not sleepy. Oddly enough, I didn't feel sleepy in class today. Maybe the Anti-Drug windmill thingies kept me happy enough. Or maybe 'cause I overdosed on sleep over the weekend (which explains my couldn't-sleep-at-2.30-syndrome last night).
Long day tmr coupled with HSSRP mentor's meet. Gosh I'm using shortforms for typing guess that means I better go sleep cause my brain's probably halfdead.
Mindover
matter;
headoverheart.[artistic words attempt fail]
CHINGYING; 12:28 AM