#26; there are no boundaries
Wednesday, January 6, 2010 : }
The past few days have been super tiring but fun. Been reaching school at 6.45am (which means wake-up call at 5.30 for me), and ushering around and headcounting 26 Year 1s until the afternoon. I tell you, this is sufficient PE.
But it's been super fun - much, much more fun than running rounds around the track. I thought 1K (katero!) wasn't too enthu on the first day, but then again, it takes some time. I couldn't go around with them on the 2nd day cause I was a GM at East Coast Park, but I got to know all their names on the way back (:
Today I was kinda running between SC and EDS 'cause it was CCA Exhibition and I had to help out. Eugene, Ying Ying and I got in a few icebreakers with 1K before flagraising and then Ms Tang took over after that. She made them greet us after they greeted her - we were like completely shocked, like just standing at the back with the o.0 face and "whaaat?" expression.
Went to the Dance Studio at 8.45; everyone else was already gathered there (they were early. I checked my watch) and the Year4s were rehearsing. I watched The New Dead Man's Play about seven times today, as well as the Year 4 Dance, and I'm still not bored of it. It's a refreshing change to be watching instead of performing, really. Not that I don't love drama - it just feels good to be seated for once.
Once the Year 1s arrived Regina Candice and I had to go to the board outside and 'stall for time' and basically introduce EDS. Candice kept putting Mary in at the last minute ("This is Mary...she's made out of newspaper...eh is this is the leg or head?") while Regina was like, "No! You'll scare them!" as I waved my JOIN EDS pencil.
Left at 11.30 to bring 1K to the UGs. I saw RongYing and JianChong! They seriously look super professional in their SJAB uniform. Iris was there too. ZhengJun+Guan, Zhimin and Mark were at the NPCC station. [The guys are all super tall now. And in pants.] Passed LXY and SXY on the way at the Math Soc booth (I tapped their shoulders as I walked past; then when I headed back a couple of hours later I did the same thing, hahaha).
Lunchtime was cool! OK, I did dirty my PE shirt cause I was carrying two plates and dropped the knife on it (I think I can't make it as a waitress. Whatever I get paid will be less than what I have to pay for the plates I might drop X:), but 1K was super loud today! Even though they were just "..." when we tried to teach them No Boundaries in the morning (we were trying to decide who was going to sing since there wasn't anyone from choir around and finally I realised I had the track in my phone - I'm gonna link it up to the projector tomorrow), but they are super, super good at the Everybody Dance Now cheer.
I think for once, we could match 1J (maybe we weren't as loud, but we've 10 less people). Jova started the cheering, and since we were next to them we decided to go ahead with the cheer plus remix, and they were really really enthu; even using the placard to bang the canteen table.
Man, we should do that cheer more often. 8D
YouTubing all the Concert Night songs. 稻香 by JayChou (cough
Thiricough) is pretty hard to learn. I think someone made a comment somewhere along the lines of "It's JayChou, what can you expect?", HAHAHAHA I wish Thiri'd been around to hear that.
Speaking of which, I should tell her we're having the JayChou song for karaoke. She'll be jealous.
Eyelids drooping. D: think I'd better go pack my phone cable (let's hope it'll sync with the projector tomorrow. I shall count on my 2L AV Rep skills which I miiiight have forgotten during the holidays!) and pack everything before I fall asleep like I did on Monday.
CHINGYING; 8:32 PM