#20; SC+2L = <3!
Friday, November 20, 2009 : }
About time I updated; seeing as how there've been quite a few major events.
There was SC local camp, then SC overseas camp (Chiangmai/Khonhaa!), then after I came back I went to watch Coraline in 3D with Sarah, then class chalet (also: streaming results).
I think I'll start from the front.
Local camp was fun (I still remember how epic we were during the pick-up-as-many-balls-as-possible-while-tied-together-at-weird-places game XD) with Philus :D
Chiangmai was the first time I ever went overseas on a school trip - I know, I know, I'm slow - but it was pretty cool all the same. Got to bond with the 2L-ers on flight 2 (Felicia Vivian Venus) and I think I now have a whole arsenal of cold jokes thanks to my
awesome group Philus (Florence, more like XD). Really cold ones. The OMG-the-room-is-freezing-and-can-I-bang-my-head-on-the-table-now type of cold jokes.
The rides on the pickup truck with Philus were quite fun, ESPECIALLY when Regina's cap (I typed head -.-) flew out of the window. 'Cause it was the last day and we were all quite sleepy, so we were all half-asleep, and then suddenly someone was like, "Regina's cap flew off". When she reacts (i.e. screams) to it,
then the cap flies out.
[Picture Regina screaming and the rest of us - Clarissa, Jun Heng, Ying Xuan, Shirlyn, Jessie, Clement, Venus, Florence and myself - laughing our heads off such that the driver and Ms Ho, who are in the enclosed front seat, can actually HEAR us making a din.]
But anyway, the driver stopped the truck and ran to get the cap.
Also, I don't think anyone is going to forget steamboat on the first day when Florence somehow convinced Clement that she wore pampers. I think I'd need more than two hands to count the number of times we've referred to that incident.
There's also the 4-hour trek, but anyway, I think 2.4 should be easier for me now.
The scenery's quite beautiful. It reminds me of Tasmania. And you know what's the best part about this? Tasmania is about ten times more expensive than Chiangmai.
I miss the stars at the village. You can't see them in Singapore, ever (except for Cygnus. I was happily pointing it out to the rest because somehow, I can see those stars in Singapore too :D).
Anyway, the whole point of Chiangmai? I appreciate the flush, hot water, locks on the toilets, toilet paper and vehicles a lot more now. But the stars did make up for it. And the villagers are still so happy. They're poorer than us by a lot in terms of wealth, but the natural scenery they have (and we don't) is practically to die for. I mean, where can you find a natural pond with a teeny waterfall to soak in in Singapore? (No, longkangs don't count.)
Still, I don't think I'm moving to Chiangmai anytime soon. XD
Watched Coraline on Tuesday with Sarah. Some people told me 3D wasn't very worth it, and if we hadn't watched 3D we'd be paying a few dollars less, but it was a pretty interesting movie-viewing experience. I think 3D's worth it if you have the correct movies, I guess.
Oh, and we went to Mac's so I could get my first game coupons, LOL.
Class chalet was awesome! I got on the 12 to Pasir Ris and found Zhimin on it. Met Vivian and Laura at NTUC, who were like ZHIMIN'S WITH YOU? OH GOOD WE NEED HIS MUSCLES because they had a couple of baskets of soft drinks.
Then somehow quite a lot of people arrived and Belinda pulled all the streaming results out of her bag, which resulted in everyone checking their classes. I'm in 3M! And the only one taking Triple-Science-Lit in 3M. Odd, right.
I still can't believe I'm in SBGE Math. Mathematics has never been my favourite subject. I'm always eyeing my math papers with distaste and I'm sure quadratic graphs return the favour because I've never done well in them.
I wonder why they didn't put me in 3L, though, which is SBGE LA+ Lit. My LA did way better than my Maths, in any case. (In terms of ranking, it's a 45% difference if I'm not mistaken. Yes my Maths is
that bad.)
Anyway, back to class chalet.
Took the bus to Costa Sands and introduced Fuzzywuzzy and This Is A Bottle to 2L. Now 2L can all go back and make everyone facepalm with lame jokes. Hobo-ed outside the chalet 'cause the classcomm hadn't arrived yet, but it was good 'cause there was more space to play Splat. SXY was sabo-ing RongYing by continuously Splatting her, but Cass was epic (:
We got into the chalet and I learnt the Coffee-Tea one, which is diabolical. Learnt bridge from JianChong Melvin Patrick and ChitYee. Cool, because I'm always clueless whenever I come across Agatha Christie's references to bridge in her books.
Managed to watch (i.e. read subtitles) The Proposal, but I think I'm going to ask SiowXinYi if I can borrow My Girlfriend Is A Secret Agent (yes, I seem to have a penchant for the cheesiest-sounding movies) because I was trying to figure out the whole calling thing in bridge while they were playing it in the other room.
Anyway, for the record, I didn't get any sleep because my room was supposed to, but ended up talking crap in the dark. Like I remember I mentioned that my dad's birthday was on Monday, and JianChong remarked that he knew a lot of people born in November. I asked why and he suddenly started laughing his head off.
"What's nine months before November?"
"February...?"
"
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA."So of course Laura wanted to know what was going on, and we were like, "You know...February-Valentine's Day? February! Valentine's Day! That's why so many people are born in November."
[insert one minute of crazy laughing]
LOL.
Went to the beach in the morning to try to catch the sunrise, but it was blocked by the ships so we ended up scrawling words in the sand. I like my 2L one :D tried writing my name, but it wasn't very nice.
Found a crab in one of those hole-y rocks, and if I ever catch Venus at a beach, I'm going to learn how to skip pebbles.
Got back and played more bridge with ChitYee, JianChong and LXinYi while eating cup noodles and Mallow Blasts (ChitYee = Queen of Mallow Blasts).
Checked out, but waited for 40 minutes for the shuttle bus, then moved to Tampines for lunch where we saw 2I having their class outing (I was the first through the barrier, then I was like eh isn't that Timothy and 2I guys, then I saw Gina and Candice.) Of course, LinMin must've been -correction: was?- excited.
After lunch, played Truth/Double Truth at the staircase (it was raining at Open Plaza D:) and had a round of bridge with Vivian, Darien and JianChong. [By then, I was practically falling asleep. I'm surprised I lasted until 3 though.]
I have no idea how I made it back home, because I almost fell asleep in the bus. Somehow found my way back to my house and then fell asleep on the sofa.
BTW: I had dinner at 10.
Hmm, it was a good week. (:
Gonna send Fel her photos now and hope my computer isn't lagging.
CHINGYING; 10:03 AM