#19; Lystra's Ladies Love Llamas' Lemony Legs!
Friday, November 6, 2009 : }
I don't think I need to say that yesterday was the last day of school.
I don't think I need to ask you guys to know that you'll probably miss everyone.
I don't think I need to say anything; Lystra rules all the same.
Anyway 2L, you've made me not regret going to DHS. I arrived on the first day of school thinking about how all my other exclassmates were in other schools. 2L's pretty much changed that thinking - well, it's true that I have exclassmates and really great friends in other schools, but it's also true that my classmates and awesome friends are in DHS.
Alright, it's inevitable that some people can't wait to get out of 2L. If we can't even get a 100% attendance classouting when we're together as a class, what are the chances of us getting 50% ten years down the road?
We might move on, but moving on can't take away the two years we've spent together as a class. It can't take away the many memories I'm bringing away from Lystra0809. They might fade with time, but you guys were - and are - really special to me, and you've made the two years pretty awesome ones overall.
I remember Cass and her orange balls starting this whole ball-squeezing thing that's so representative of 2L's extreme pervertedness, and spending $2817326152 on phone calls/SMSes to her.
I remember Felicia's love for pink and how we made her sing butterfly songs for IDMI.
I remember how Rebecca and I have been running -and walking- long-distance together since Year 1.
I remember my dearest sister-in-law RongYing's spastic faces and many love affairs. Plus, in order to count the number of times I've heard her burp during Sem2's tests (I'm next to her, unfortunately), I'd need more than two hands.
I remember the almost-weekly Mac's lunches with Sarah, and last year's 7/11 lunches, and how we'd go to EDS together, and sometimes dinner, and to so many other places.
I remember how XinYi and I used to track the double-decker 12's schedules and/or chiong for it. And how we've been playing the same computer games online since forever- Neopets to Battleon to Runescape to Scrabble to MapleStory to Facebook.
I remember Iris eating her muesli bars in the, eh, restroom. (: and disposing of the wrapper by you-know-what. And who can forget her chimness/eeps?
I remember that epic episode on the bus with Vivian whereby Rebecca's prank call to Darien went quite...wrong.
I remember ChitYee saying, during the first week of school last year, that if I stripped her extremely interesting zippy pencil case, she'd strip me. And that when I tried to, she reached for my metal button.
I remember jellybeaning with Laura.
"JELLLLLLLLYBEAN!"
I remember SiowXinYi's height (I'm jealous D:). And how she ChitYee and I used to run to the river together when Mr Kwok made us do so during PE. And the walk to KLP whereby she and Cass were screaming every five seconds because of centipedes. Teehee.
I remember my deskmate, Thiri's, incessant obsession with Jay Chou ("I think you just said a bad word!" to quote the rest). And her smile! And the shoes she and SiowXinYi gave me for my birthday.
I remember Julia being a really cool geog rep who borrowed Monocle from Mr Chan to photocopy the city plan for the class.
I'M NOT GOING TO FORGET LINMIN WHO'S TRAUMATISED ME A GAZILLION TIMES BY VIOLATING ME ARGH.
I remember calling Venus Wenus! And how she was the really guai one in our Term 2 group.
I remember how, when Mr Tan made me sit next to PeiShan during Term 2 last year, her first question was, "Do you like JJ Lin?" And how our group used to harp on a picture we found during BP that showcased his nose. And clouds log.
I remember Belinda folding the 13 roses we used in our MOV play. And her large bag of copic markers.
I remember how Melvin(a) was always seated nearer to the projector such that he could reach it first. -.- and how the view in front of me was pretty much Andrea/JiaHwan's SMSes,
ooh.I remember how bad a disciplinarian my 'dad' Patrick was, since JianChong and I used to keep whacking each other.
I remember how last year, WeiQiang'd be like, "leg cramp leg cramp" so he wouldn't have to set up the projector. It was pretty funny.
I remember ZongMing and his extremely impassive face. Even though he was surrounded by retarded people.
I remember JingPei forever ranting on and on about Eminem during ScienceLab lessons. And who can forget how he constantly put our class' windows in jeopardy with his singing?
I remember ZhengJun, who was unpolluted and shorter than me in Term1 last year, but now is more polluted and much much taller. Especially what he did to the magnets during ScienceLab - he made them
horny.
I remember Zhimin making me feel quite zibei when
I sat next to him in Term2 this year because his Chinese was pretty pro (actually the whole group was pretty good in Chinese and had to keep giving me the answers during ZhengLaoShi's interactive lessons), and the Iris/Belinda thing.
I remember JianChong once putting 8 straws into his Slurpee in 7/11 last year. And dumping everything we ate into his fishball soup during CCA tryouts last year (watermelon juice, Tom Yum+Chicken cup noodles, chilli, soya bean, ice, etc) and
then into a cup, which was quite gross.
I bet we all wish we could stop time, or keep in the same class for the next 2 years. But I guess we know it's not going to happen, because time doesn't stop. And we're all choosing different subject combinations. I don't think anyone's taking tripsciencelit X:
I'm really going to miss you guys. But I guess we all gotta let go.
One thing, though: memories aren't meant to be thrown away or let go of unless we want to. I'm going to remember 2L for as long as I can.
Hey Lystra, you stepped into my life for 2 years, and I'm really, really glad for that.
thanks for the memories;
CHINGYING; 9:30 PM